Sunday, March 28, 2010

a nerve

Something happened yesterday that really hit a nerve. It's the kind of thing where you don't see it coming . . . totally cool one minute & side-swiped the next. Knocked the wind of out me.

This morning, I found myself unable to sleep & really tearful over something that "seems" so insignificant. So I began to ask myself the question, "What's REALLY going on here?" As I reflected, and opened a book that I recently got (The Seven Desires of Every Heart - which I highly recommend, by the way), it occurred to me that the "insignificant" thing is actually very significant when I look deep into my soul.

One of the desires of every heart is to be chosen - chosen in different ways. And yesterday, I was excluded. It hurt more than I imagined it could.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how to ask about what happened. Let's talk about this book next time we chat. Can't wait to hear about it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boo for being excluded... looks like a fancinating book!

    ReplyDelete