Friday, January 8, 2010

simple but difficult

So I was talking with my Dad yesterday . . .

Over the course of my life, my Dad is the kinda guy who is full of nuggets . . . nuggets of wisdom/truth. He's not a man of a thousand words, but the words he does have carry weight. His wisdom has helped shaped my character, my beliefs & the way I live my life. I've often noticed that wisdom, while it often is quite simple, is rarely easy. True wisdom is often simple but difficult.

My Dad shared something with me yesterday - and is facing the greatest challenge of his life so far. When I asked how he felt about it, he responded with something that is forever etched in my heart. He said something like, "Well, as you get older, God gives you more opportunities to really have faith. Often we just say we have faith, but this will be my greatest opportunity to see if I really trust God or not."

If you knew what he was facing, you might feel the same way when he said it to me . . . inspired. May we be inspired to really live the life God has laid out before each of us in a way that is marked with complete surrender & trust. Thanks for the wisdom Dad.

1 comment:

  1. That's more than deep! What a gift to have these moments with him.

    I like that picture of your dad. :)

    ReplyDelete